Rashaad previously practiced at a global top 10 law firm in the Banking & Finance team and subsequently moved to the Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions team within the Telecommunications & Regulatory sub-team. Rashaad focuses on matters involving mergers and acquisitions, state owned companies, telecommunications, technology, procurement and regulatory law. Rashaad also has extensive experience in general banking and finance matters including cross border financing, Islamic finance, lending and syndicated lending and project finance. Rashaad’s clients include listed entities, large corporates, government organisations. Rashaad’s clients operate within
industries such as transport and logistics, telecommunications, financial services, manufacture and retail. Rashaad’s work includes amongst other things:
- Advising companies on various regulatory, compliance and procurement issues
- Negotiating and drafting a wide array of commercial documents
- Negotiating, advising and drafting various agreements relating to a number of acquisitions,
- Negotiating, advising and drafting the agreements pertaining to the sale of various large businesses
- Negotiating and drafting various lending agreements, common terms agreements, inter-creditor agreements, and security documents involving security SPV structures.
- Structuring Shariah compliant funding transactions and drafting the related Islamic finance documents